Monday, January 25, 2016

Weazel Tours - my first Bootstrap site built from scratch

I've finally decided to get cracking with Bootstrap. I was always a bit reluctant to start building Responsive websites, but it has become more and more necessary in the web design industry, especially since Google started penalizing sites that aren't mobile friendly with that huge update of 2015.

So, early in January 2016 I got an enquiry from one of my clients for a brand new website for her and her husband's motorcycle tours company they're starting up. After she accepted the quote, I decided that from now on all of my sites will be responsive. It was time to make the switch.

I had no more excuses now, so I was basically forced to learn how to do a website based on the Bootstrap framework. I watched a few beginner tutorial videos to get the basics, and I jumped straight in on building my first website in Bootstrap from scratch. Luckily it wasn't a major site, only 6 pages or so, and I think it turned out GREAT! I'm super proud of the site we ended up with, and my client and her husband are super happy with the end result!

So, without further ado, here's the link to my first Bootstrap website: Motorcycle Tours South Africa


And a special thanks to Natalie from Sugar and Spice Design (my wife :D hehe) who did a stellar job in designing such a beautiful site!

No comments:

Post a Comment