Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Project Man Cave Part 4: RAM and CPU Cooler

Things are progressing!! I just ordered in the RAM and CPU cooler for my Project Man Cave PC.

After watching tons of videos about the difference between 16 and 32gigs of RAM, I've come to the conclusion that, for the time being at least, 16gig is the absolute sweet spot, with 32gigs only yielding a frame or two extra.

I have decided on the G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz 2x8gig kit from Wootware:
And then, the i7-9700k, which I will most probably order next month (Feb 2020), obviously doesn't come with a CPU cooler, so I've ordered a Phanteks PH-TC12DX Black cooler, which gets great reviews, also from Wootware:
Image result for Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 120mm Black
They are on their way as I type this!

It's slow but surely coming together. Literally just the CPU next month, and I can actually build it. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment