Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Diablo 3 Loot drops: Normal vs Torment difficulty

I've been playing Diablo 3 almost exclusively since Reaper of Souls came out a couple of weeks ago. I must say, Blizzard has really turned the game around, and it is now what it was supposed to be from the get go two years ago. Anyway, I'm very happy with the game as it is now, and I try to play every spare moment I can.

One thing kinda bugs me though.

Last night, my good buddy and I decided to do some gear farming, and played the game on Normal difficulty. Me with my recently leveled-up-to-70 Witch Doctor, and him with his nicely geared Crusader. It was an absolute breeze. Elite enemies we killed with two or three shots, and even bosses didn't last long. Needless to say, we killed a lot of enemies extremely quickly.

Now, to get to the reason for this post - the loot drops didn't feel any different. I got a two legendary weapons for my Witch Doctor, and even a few legendary plans and a set plan. My friend got a set item and a couple of legendaries as well.

After a while my thought was that it didn't feel much different in terms of loot drops than playing the game on any of the Torment settings. The loot that dropped still felt pretty much the same, and the legendaries still came along like it always does.

I'm now wondering why would you want to play the game at higher difficulty levels, especially when it comes to looking for new and better loot. At the normal difficulty you kill the mobs so much quicker and the amount of cool drops evens out.

Anyway, that's all I have to say about that for now - I didn't read up on this elsewhere, so maybe your chances of getting specific torment level loot doesn't exist at lower difficulties or something like that, but last night it didn't seem that way at all...

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment