Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Some awesome Youtube Channels

When my son was born, it happened so much that I had to sit with him while he slept. He's been a bad sleeper since pretty much day one.

All those hours of sitting got me to scour Youtube for things to watch on my phone while he's sleeping on my lap. Here are some awesome channels that I'm subscribed to, and can highly recommend:

Unit Lost - with the whole Overwatch craze taking over the internet, this guy (his nickname is Stylosa) makes some really awesome Overwatch related videos. Mostly they are tutorial type videos, and I've found them a huge help. Plus he plays really well, my jaw always drops to the floor on how well these guys play!

SciShow and SciShow Space - I don't know quite how I stumbled upon these guys' channel, but I'm so glad I did. I love learning new things, and their regular videos are great at doing just that! If you find our world and how it works interesting, then you will love these two channels!

Numberphile - Sadly, I didn't do so well with maths at school, but I still find it very interesting. These guys talk about all things number related - for example, did you know that a rubik's cube can always be solveds with a minimum of 17 moves?

quill18creates - I've been making games for a while now, and Quill18's videos are awesome! I just love his way of doing Unity tutorials, and I like how he makes mistakes and doesn't edit it out, because that's how coding is in real life. Just yesterday I watched one of his videos on how to do a simple TD game. Highly recommend!

LinusTechTips and Techquickie - I recently started watching these guys' videos. They're from Canada and they get to play around with the most awesome computer related goodies! For example, ever thought of submerging your whole PC in mineral oil? Ever wondered what a 100TB NAS would look like? How about putting your dead graphics card in an oven to make it come back to life? Yes they have it all!

Vsauce - Vsauce, Michael here. That's how they all start. Hard to explain, just do yourself a favour and check it out. He talks about some really interesting topics.

That's it for now - just don't blame me if you never get any work done ever again ok.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment