Monday, August 1, 2016

Uh, hello again

Uh, hi :) I haven't posted on this blog for quite a few months! This year started with a bang and it's been quite a ride. One of the reasons for me not blogging as much is just being so damn tired haha! You see, we have this awesome little guy we lovingly call our son. He's turning 2 in October. He doesn't like sleeping. I can literally count on my two hands the times he's slept through in his life. And it's not as if he's crying or unhappy, he's just not that fond of sleeping we've come to realise. I think he's a prodigy of sorts, because only a busy mind keeps one up to such an extent!

Anyway, the last post I made was me celebrating the fact that our game, Catch a Falling Star, got Greenlit after being in the system for over 6 months. At one stage I thought it would never happen, but thanks to Dan from Back To Basics Gaming, our publisher, and some clever marketing from his side, it finally got through. It went on sale shortly after that, and it's actually doing quite well in terms of ratings/reviews - so far over 85% of Steam users have given it a "recommended" - so I'm very happy about that.

As far as gaming is concerned, sadly I don't get to play more than once or twice a week at most. I've dedicated a few nights a week to focus on some more game development with my good friend Jayson - oh and that reminds me, check out our awesome new logo for Alister Software:



My SUPER TALENTED wife, Natalie (check out her site for some awesome graphic design stuff) made it for us, it really spruced up the image of our small game dev company I think :)

But, getting back to the gaming, I've only been playing Fallout 4, Overwatch and now, since it's been release FINALLY, Starbound. Just loving these three at the moment! Check out this short clip of me saving keeping my Reinhardt alive in Overwatch:


Sadly, I don't play it nearly as much as I want. I'm only level 26 at the time of writing this, but I really want to play much more! Just loving how polished and fluid the game is. That's so typical of Blizzard, they really blow any competition out of the water when they make games!

Oh, and I also pre-ordered No Man's Sky. I'm cautiously optimistic about that one. I say cautiously, because I've found that huge procedural based games like that usually look great on paper, but in the end they lack in some area or another. Can't wait to try it though and see for myself, hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised this time around...

Well, here's to hoping I get to blog some more in the near future!

Till next time (which hopefully isn't months from now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment