Sunday, February 23, 2014

My Logitech G330 headphones

This post is basically a continuation of this one: http://yeoldegeekyblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/logitech-is-failing-me.html - it was basically a summary of how Logitech, once one of my favourite computer peripheral brands, is failing me.

As you can see on the above post, I've gone through numerous Logitech devices, and they always seem to start failing or breaking after a while. Usually just out of the warranty period.

Anyway, on 14 October 2011 I bought myself a G330 gaming headset - now, firstly, it's not the top of range model at all, and it didn't cost me that much - ZAR313, which is around $30.


Anyway, so I've had it now for just over 2 years (2 years 4 months to be precise), and the pad on the left ear has torn off. I do not use it a lot, I don't ever go out to LANs, so I literally only use once, maybe twice a week for a gaming session. Or when I need to use the mic if I'm Skyping someone.

Here's what it looks like now:


As you can see, the ear pad is torn, and it's literally hanging by a thread. To be honest, I'm actually quite surprised that it lasted this long anyway, since it only has a 1 year warranty. Needless to say, I'm not gonna replace it with the same model, since this one is actually not very comfortable to use for more than an hour at a time.

The included USB connector that came with the headset also broke (probably about middle of 2013), but that didn't bother me too much, since I can just plug the headset in the front audio jacks on my PC.

My awesome wife is buying me a decent Steelseries headset for our anniversary, and I'll definitely be posting about that as soon as it arrives. Here's the one I'm going for - the SteelSeries Siberia V2 USB:


I know it looks a bit big and over the top, but from what I've read this one is extremely comfortable, and the sound quality is to notch! Can't wait to get it :)

Check it out on their website: http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-siberia-v2-usb

Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment