Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Things I'm looking forward to this year

I think 2015 is going to be a rather interesting year. There are a few things, though, that I'm very excited for (or very hopeful for!):

GeForce GTX 960

nVidia launched their awesome 970 and 980 cards last year, and it is inevitable that the mid range cards are on their way. In South Africa, the GTX 970 starts at around R5300 - that translates to about $450, a cool $100 more than you lucky peeps in the States.

That means the GTX960 will probably the one we can get for the price of the 970 overseas more or less.

Anyway, I'm not sure when it'll come, but it's coming, and that'll be the upgrade I go for for my gaming PC :)

GTA V for PC

Ahh, Grand Theft Auto Five. What an excellent game! I already own it on my aging Xbox 360 and I'm crazy about this game, but I'll always be a PC gamer first, and console gamer second. I absolutely cannot wait for GTA V to finally come to the ultimate platform - the PC!

Here are the specs you'll need to be able to play:

Minimum:

OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB

Recommended:

OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB

I'm quite surprised at how low the minimum specs actually are! My gaming PC with its GTX 560 Ti, 16GIG RAM and 3rd Gen i7 should run it fine :)

Oh, and the game's launch has been delayed until March 24 - that's a real bummer, but I don't mind too much - hopefully they launch a fully working and fully awesome title! (day one patches have become one of my pet peeves as of late.....)

Being able to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One

As far as I can tell, there's no plan for Microsoft to add this feature to the Xbox One, but sheesh, if they do, I'll definitely consider getting myself the One. I have quite a few 360 games, and if I can play them on the next gen (or rather current gen right!) console that would be awesome!

Samsung Galaxy Note 5?

I cannot believe it's almost upgrade time again for my cellphone this year. I am EXTREMELY happy with my Galaxy Note 3 - it's an amazing device, and the size doesn't bother me at all, and quite frankly, I can never see myself going to a smaller phone again.

As is customary, I'm almost positive Samsung will release the Note 5 this year, and I expect nothing but greatness - 64bit processor, 4gig RAM (or even more!), QHD or even 4k screen, waterproofness, the ability to sms - That's going to be a very exciting time indeed!

Electricity (one can only dream hey!)

Ahhh, living in South Africa. What a joy and pleasure. Especially with the possibility of it being a dark year ahead. Eskom (our local power supply company) isn't doing so well, so I sincerely hope that we don't have a lot of load shedding this year. We are in the 21st century after all, and it would be a real pity if it comes to that. So, here's to hoping for the best - and stocking up on candles...

Feel free to comment on what you're looking forward to, would love to hear your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment